2. Charge and sync your device by connecting the USB cord provided to your computer.
3. When connected, your device will show a lightning bolt symbol or a plug symbol in the battery on the screen. For iPod users, “Do Not Disconnect” or "Sync in Progress" will appear on the screen. This is normal and means the device has been properly connected.
4. Once connected, the device will appear on your iTunes window.
If you have an iPod Classic and are using a PC, you may need to refer to our reformatting page, here, to connect the device.
5. Use iTunes to sync your music, videos, pictures, and other content on to your device.
6. Syncing your device manually:
7. Once you finish syncing your device, you may safely disconnect your iPod by clicking the Eject button (⇪). You may now remove the USB cord from the device.